Provider benefit offerings continue
to evolve as healthcare organizations
balance financial pressures with being
an employer of choice as a way to attract
and retain high-quality providers. The
AMGA 2018 Provider Benefits Survey
contains valuable information designed
to help your healthcare organization
understand how your benefits compare
to others within the industry.
Order today at
Data Source: Data for the analysis
included in this article used longitudinal
electronic health record (EHR) data from
23 U. S. healthcare organizations that
pool their EHR data as part of a national
learning collaborative. All organizations in
the collaborative use an Optum population
health management and risk analytics
platform which extracts data from
multiple sources, cleans, normalizes, and
validates it, making it possible to conduct
accurate lateral analyses and comparisons. The Optum® clinical database
comprises longitudinal ambulatory EHR
data from 106 million patients treated by
84 U. S. healthcare organizations.
Note: For additional information about
AMGA’s Adult Immunization Best Practice Learning Collaborative, please see
E.L. Ciemins, M. Jerry, J. Powelson, et al.
2019. Impact of a Learning Collaborative
Approach on Influenza and Pneumococcal Immunization Rates in US Adults: A
Mixed Methods Approach. Population
Health Management, June 2019.
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2019. Human Papillomavirus (HPV):
About HPV. April 29, 2019. Atlanta: Accessed June 4, 2019 at cdc.gov/hpv/
parents/ about-hpv.html?CDC_AA_ref Val=https
2. M. Saraiya, E.R. Unger, T.D. Thompson, et al. 2015. US Assessment of HPV Types
in Cancers: Implications for Current and 9Valent HPV Vaccines. Journal of the
National Cancer Institute, 107.
3. American Cancer Society. ACS Elimination Statement on HPV cancers.
Accessed July 16, 2019 at cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/online-documents/en/pdf/flyers/acs-elimination-statement-on-hpv-cancers.pdf.
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2017. Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents 13-17 Years by State, HHS Region, and
the United States, National Immunization Survey-Teen (NIS-Teen). Accessed
July 16, 2019 at cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/teenvaxview/data-reports/hpv/reports/ 2017.html.
5. Advocate Health has since merged to form AdvocateAurora Health.
6. E.L. Ciemins, M. Jerry, J. Powelson, et al. 2019. Impact of a Learning
Collaborative Approach on Influenza and Pneumococcal Immunization Rates in
US Adults: A Mixed Methods Approach. Population Health Management, June
7. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2019. Op cit.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2018. How Many Cancers Are Linked
with HPV Each Year? Accessed August 5, 2019 at cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/